Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day Eight. It's a Give and Take, or Take, or TAKE


One of the agents asked me if I could help photoshop a graphic design for her son's Bat Mitzvah.  The designed would be printed on sweatshirts as a favor.  This is the kind of project that I often get asked to do, they are "off the record" but I don't mind especially if I can do it, it's fun and breaks-up-the-day.  However, with this project,  I couldn't help, we don't have photoshop and all the other crappy applications just couldn't do the job.  Yesterday, I was in a nice mood, I told the agent that I have a cousin who was a graphic artist, maybe he could help. I sent my cousin an email with the graphic, asking for some assistance and in two minutes I got a reply back, and the edits to the image. This is where it get's fun! Instead of thanking me, or my cousin, the agent asked for more edits.  I sent them to my cousin under the guise of "if you can't I understand, it's not problem, I realize you are busy", reply from cousin "I will see what I can do, I'll send this to you tomorrow". Today, I got into work, opened email and bam image is there from my cousin with the requested edits. I sent redesign to the agent, and a email came firing back with more edits, more wants, and not one thank you.  I couldn't believe the gall, and the entitlement.  Perhaps I was wrong and should of just left it alone, that I couldn't help nor that I knew anyone that could.  I have to say I do understand that free is free, and free is for me, and that you want what you want, especially for a huge celebration in one's life but to keep asking without a thank you in sight, is just not how I was raised. Lesson learned - do not offer up any services beyond your control.

Oy. To. The.Vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment