Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Seven. Disgruntled Desk Jockey....Who Me?

After reading over my posts for the last several days, one would say that I am miserable disgruntled person, and it's true, I am. But only at work. This place for some reason brings out the ANGRY in me. It's not that the work is challenging - because it's not, a monkey can do my job, or my three year old or that I am working 90 hours a week, or that the people are evil: some definitly do not have manners, some are entitled, some of them don't have an elevator that goes to the top, some expect me to run as fast as I can when they call, and some, well, are actually lovely. My main gripe is that there is not one process or procedure in this place, each thing I do I recreate the wheel, no one shares information, and there is not one bit of operational management AT ALL. It's a small company, but it generates as least 20M in revenue, we can afford to put some systems in place.  I can't tell you how much this annoys me. I'm a Virgo. I like order. I like organization. I LOVE systems.  There is not ONE system in place, and if I try to put one in place I am told it's too expensive, and everyone is resistant. I mean, I hate change too, but c'mon, people, let's get some order in the world.
Oy.To.The.Vey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment