Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day Six. Pole Dancing & Real Estate - A GREAT Combo!

Mr. Black I am told is a marketing genius, yes a genius.  Imagine I’m working for a marketing genius! Amazing, not sure how I got so lucky but nevertheless, I was told today that his ideas are like none other in the Real Estate industry – that he is a trail blazer, a leader, a luxury real estate marketing guru. My interested got peaked, I asked this source to elaborate, I got nothing, all I was told that he throws elaborate parties,  is able to barter services (not quite sure how you barter Real Estate services, that is still being determined) as if we lived in the 1800’s and his marketing tactics are like, really superior. Superior? Really?  I hate to be so jaded, but like the rest of population that went back to work at dead-end jobs to get a little cash, to be close to home so they won’t have as much guilt raising their children, while striving to become a published writer I am skeptical.   I actually worked for a marketing genius in a product development department of world-renown Fortune 500 Company, and let me tell you something Mr. Black doesn’t strike me as a marketing genius; he’s smart, he’s absolutely a very smart man who knows the business but the verdict is still out on the genius part. As much as I love to be right, I also don’t mind being wrong, so if I am indeed wrong and this man is actually a marketing genius than good for him.
Nevertheless, this conversation came up because Mr. Black is hosting a Broker Open House- as a cocktail party, definitely a different approach because Broker Open Houses are generally during the day and during the week, they are usually a “preview” of the home for all the Brokers in the area or that may have clients interested in the particular property – this is usually done before the home is open to the public. This Cocktail Party Broker Open House is for a $2.6 M mansion and will showcase the most significant part of home – the disco - the homeowner cut a hole in the middle of the living room and put in a full disco in the basement, the hole is so you can see the disco from the upper level, to view the the “Ultimate Bachelor Pad” – “Entertainers Delight”.  The disco has a bar, a stripper pole (but of course), two bathrooms, a wine cellar, a chandelier that is remote, and acts as a cage so you can have dancing girls dropped from the ceiling. Cool idea? Perhaps, but what happens now when you want to sell that $2.6 M disco in the middle of waspy uber class suburban neighborhood? Ummm… if you’re  Mr. Black you stage a Cocktail party for all the Brokers in the luxury market and you put girls on the strippers poles, and half naked hoochie mama’s dropping from a chandelier cage. And this is called genius.  I’d say it’s a bit tackier than genius? What do you think?  
Oy. To. The.Vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment